- Mountain Info
- Plan Your Trip
- News & Events
Dear Parents and Racers,
Where did the summer go? It is hard to believe that it is already the middle of September!
To kick off the season there will be a parent meeting for the Race Program and Dev. Team on October 6th, 2016 at Mount Peter in the Sunrise Lodge at 7pm. There should be one parent from each family attending. We will discuss the updates to the NJSRA Board and the Race schedule. Further we will discuss upcoming events for the Mount Peter Race Team, Holiday Camp, Tuning Clinic, and any changes to the program and to USSA Equipment. We will have a parent meeting for Dynamites at a later date.
In the meantime, here are some important dates to remember and add to your Calendar now:
• September 26th Ski Barn Racer Night at the Paramus, NJ Store
• October 2nd is Apple Fest in Warwick (Club Fundraiser)
• October 6th is the Parent Meeting at Mount Peter 7pm
• October 8th -10th Heinos Ski Swap
• October 15th – USSA and NJSRA Dues are due to avoid late fees.
• October 15th & 16th is the Great American Sale at Mount Peter with Ski Barn! (The Ski Swap is no longer being held at Mount Peter. If you have equipment to swap please post to Facebook or go to the Heino’s Ski Swap)
• November 6th is when Early Program Registration Ends for Mount Peter Racing
• December 9th – 11th Mount Peter Race Club Okemo Trip
• December 17th is the Program Start date for USSA Racers.
• December 27th to 30th, Christmas Camp.
• January 7th Dynamites and Dev Team Program begins.
Enclosed is a copy of our registration forms for the 2016-2017 season. Please fill out all the forms front and back and sign in all the necessary places. The rates listed on the form are good until 11/6/16. After that prices increase 30%. So don't miss out and get your child signed up today! All spots are on a first come first serve basis.
If you need to split your payments for the early rate, a 50% deposit is due by 10/16 and the balance on 12/1. All rates will increase on 11/6/16, if you have not committed to a program, have not paid in full or sent in the 50% deposit on 10/16.
If you feel you have received the wrong application and would like to have your child moved up or would like info on a different program -- please contact Kelly Cossano, our race secretary, and she will email you the correct form -- contact at: email@example.com
Discounted Season Passes to Mount Peter are on sale until 10/16 - then the prices go up again! Don't miss out on a great deal!
Racer night at Ski Barn in Paramus, NJ will be September 26th from 6-9pm ONLY. Make sure you bring your child to racer night, we will have coaches there to look at their current equipment and to steer you in the right direction for buying new if need be. It all starts with the right equipment! Plus remember the Ski Regulations for the older racers have changed. Also don’t forget about the Great American Ski Sale at Mount Peter October 15th and 16th!
I hope you all had a wonderful summer and are getting excited about another great ski racing season with all of us at Mount Peter! Looking forward to seeing you on the 6th of October at Mount Peter - 7pm.
Race Director - Mount Peter